I have been told at least 1000 times that I am a bad listener.
And I agree.
I don’t think it’s entirely a bad thing though.
- They tell me “it’s not possible”, “you are day dreaming”, “it’s too good to be true”, “get real”, “you can’t do it” and the last but certainly not the least, my favourite, “I told you so”. Being a bad listener helps in shunning all the negativity offered.
- I don’t play safe. I fail. I smile. I do it again. But I don’t regret.
- I could get my ears pierced though everyone thought it was a bad decision.
- Do you think it’s easy to keep more than 30 beard styles for people who are really good listeners?
- I don’t have to follow any new fashion / trend.
- I get to meet people who are bad listeners just like me.
- And I can hang out with them, no matter how many people tell me not to!
- I can do impulsive shopping.
- I can order a pizza with extra cheese (love it when they fill liquid cheese in the crust too!), large coke, garlic bread, again with cheese and to top it all a muffin with liquid chocolate inside. A sinfully appetizing diet, one of the many advantages of not feeding your head with diet-conscious comments.
- I can fall in love, though they tell me it hurts (unfortunately they are right), but still, I can muster all the courage in the world to do it again.
So, a conclusion, not that it matters, cause they tell me, life, unlike fiction, is not supposed to make sense; but bad listeners like me don’t stop just because of that, do we? In my experience I have realised that when you stop listening to others you hear something majestic, something surreal, something that’s customised for you and something that pushes you to the right path, something that tells you not to listen to anything else. That inner voice is the only thing a bad listener like me would always listen to with all the undivided attention in the world.
P.S.: If you don’t agree with me or you feel any different then feel free to keep your mouth shut, because I am a bad listener!